We celebrated Nate's 35th birthday yesterday. The kids worked out a whole surprise routine for when he got home from work. They hid behind the couch and when he walked through the door they all jumped out and yelled surprise. Then they (mostly Emily) sang "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" ending with all of them giving him a big hug and kiss. It was sweet. They had colored a birthday sign for him and we made a big 35 out of balloons. They were quite pleased with themselves and Nate was great at showing how excited he was about their efforts. We had a family MarioKart tournament, got take-out from Chili's, watched Superman II, and ate cheesecake. It was a great night.

2 comments:
Sounds like fun, I want to see a picture of the balloons. Did you save me a piece of cheesecake?
Are you kidding? The kids and I were lucky to get a piece. He doesn't look like it, but Nate can really put it away when he wants to.
I'll add a picture of the balloons. The original plan was to use 35 balloons to make the 35 and we were going to put it on the garage door. It was cold. We settled for 29 balloons on the family room window.
Post a Comment