Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who Are These People?

Nate and I used to be so on the ball. We had it together. We were dependable and with it and on top of things. Lately, we have become total flakes. I don’t know what is happening to us. Yesterday, I completely forgot about Elise’s dance class. Nate had to work late (really late). He called at 5:30 to see how things were going. Then he asked what time the girls had dance. DANCE?!?!? Elise’s class was already half over. Oops. Today, the same thing happened with Ben’s soccer practice. No big deal, except that Nate is the coach. Oops! He ran over to the park 15 minutes after practice was supposed to start to apologize and tell the boys/parents that were still there that practice wasn’t going to happen.

All of the sudden our brains can’t keep up with our schedules. A couple of weeks ago, I dropped Elise off 40 minutes early for kindergarten because I misread the schedule. (It was short day so it was different from our regular time, but it was her fourth week of school . . . you would think I would have it figured out by then.) On Monday, I drove to the bank to deposit some money. I pulled up to the drive thru before I realized it was a federal holiday so the bank was closed. Then I drove straight to the post office to mail some packages. I got to the door before I realized that the post office was closed too. Hello! Plus, we had an overdue library book this week. That never used to happen. Last week, we had pizza three times because it was dinnertime and we hadn’t thought of anything else to fix. I feel like we are always two steps behind where we are supposed to be. I hope it is just a phase. I’m tired of feeling like an idiot.

8 comments:

Kaylynn said...

It's the old age:) If you were born in 1984 your brain will still be working!!!

Heidi said...

That's how I've felt since having a third child. It's a good thing my kids don't have a lot of commitments or else they probably would've missed them or been late for them as well.
If it makes you feel better Chase bank was open Monday so they all weren't closed. :)

Hilary said...

2 words for you--google calendar. You can set it up to send you texts or e-mails to remind you of stuff. I get a text message every Wednesday 10 minutes before Britton's scouts that says "Britton scouts 4 p.m."

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

welcome to my world!

EmWJ said...

This post made me feel relieved. It's not just me!

Amy said...

You make me laugh! You are finally stooping down to our level. Oh, and I love the new picture of your kids!

Claudy said...

Amy said it just right:).

Heather said...

Ditto to all that's been written! I won't even admit how much money I've spent on overdue fines at the library! Unfortunately, it's been years and I still haven't recovered...but I'm sure it's just a phase for you :)

Way to brave a second photo session. Great pics! No one is wiggling and all have smiles.