Thursday, March 8, 2012

Puzzling

We’ve been on a puzzle building kick for the last few months around this house. We got a couple of new puzzles for Christmas and I’ve found some quality puzzles at the DI and bought some online. It has become one of our favorite family activities. Nate is kind of a curmudgeon about it and Abby is a still a bit young to do much, but everyone else likes to help build. We’ve had a few times when the whole family is around the table working on a puzzle and listening to quality music and just hanging out. It is my favorite. It makes me want to buy more puzzles. Here is our puzzle gallery from the last couple of months:













5 comments:

Nate said...

I told Malinda not to say "curmudgeon" since that is inaccurate. I don't mind at all when the kids or Malinda bust out a puzzle. I just have too many other things that I would rather be doing. That said, I do help build some of the time.

Malinda said...

Thanks for making my point. Could you sound more curmudgeonly? "I just have too many other things that I would rather be doing than building puzzles with you blasted kids." It's okay to be a crusty, ill-tempered old man sometimes. Just accept it. :)

Claudy said...

Did you ever build that Star Wars 3D puzzle? I love DI puzzles. If you need extra puzzles let me know we have a few.

Malinda said...

Claudy, Jody gave us a 3D Star Wars puzzle of the Imperial Star Destroyer that we built (it is hanging from Ben's ceiling), but we haven't built the Millennium Falcon yet. Did you want that back? :)

Heidi said...

It must be something in their family because Aaron won't do puzzles with us either. I can't wait until my kids can do more complicated puzzles like those!