Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Swimming Party with the Nunns

We had a fun party with the Nunns yesterday. Kaylynn brought her girls down right after lunch. They picked some raspberries and watched a Barbie movie while Abby was taking her nap. Then we headed to the pool. The kids had fun playing together and I had fun catching up with Kaylynn. Nate came with us and was a great pool dad so I was pretty much free just to hang out. We stayed until closing time and then came back here so they could shower up and had some “raspberry squirrel squares.”

It was a great day. I felt spoiled for adult conversation . . . I had talked to Heidi for a while on the phone in the morning, then my visiting teachers came, and then I got to hang out with Kaylynn for a few hours. That is more girl talk than I usually get in a week.

Nate picked up some pizza (and the camera) for us. He’s the best!


Ben’s goggles broke, so he wore Elise’s pink ones for the rest of night. I think it is mostly a good thing that he doesn’t care what people think.


Jill and Hanna gave into peer pressure and jumped off the diving board.


Jill was even brave enough to try the high dive.


Carly looking cute and happy in her stroller.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That looks like a fun day! Since we won't be able to make it camping we should go with you to the pool! (Do you like how I always invite myself?)