Friday, December 12, 2008

Company Christmas Party

Nate’s work parties have always caused me a bit of anxiety. They are unlike any other company party I’ve been to/heard about. They typically involve breaking into random groups (never in the same group as your spouse), being given a garbage bag full of “props,” and performing a skit/song/dance. Two years ago I got to blow up two surgical gloves, hold them to my belly (while kneeling down . . . six months pregnant) while some other lady pretended to milk me for the “eight maids a milking” line of the twelve days of Christmas. Public performance/humiliation is just not my cup of tea. Last year, they did a little mystery dinner theater. It was lots less pressure and lots more fun. I was afraid it was a onetime aberration, but now I think it was a turning point. The party last night was the best yet. They handed everyone an electronic keypad and we played a mix of Jeopardy, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and other random game shows right from the comfort of our seats. A few people got the chance to perform a little karaoke/ventriloquism/Rock Band, but I wasn’t one of the “lucky ones.” Not only was the party fun, but we finally won a door prize in the raffle. We are now the proud owners of a Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker . . . less desirable than the HDTV, but loads better than the puppy calendar left over from the white elephant exchange.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I lied that is not the brand of our ice cream maker, but yours looks really nice. I will send you that recipe by tomorrow, tonight I'm going to enjoy snuggling with my hubby.

I'm glad that the party was fun this year. We had a great time at your house, but I have to tell you my boys have been such naughty stinckers since we got home. I don't know if there is a correlation, but I don't like it.

Malinda said...

Are you trying to say that Abby is a bad influence?

Heather said...

The whole "eight maids a milking" thing is down right awful! I'm glad they've turned the corner! And what a great gift to bring home!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Do you have pictures of the "eight maids a milking"? I am thinking I need to get me a cuisinart ice cream/yogurt maker. That is something we'd use often! Yum yum I hear it's cheaper to make your own ice cream than to buy it here