Sunday, February 13, 2011
Environmental Center Fieldtrip Take Two
Ben had a fieldtrip to the environmental center on Tuesday. They got to go snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. They did the same fieldtrip in third grade, and it was a bit of a disaster. I had made sure that he was all set with his cold weather gear, but when they went out to do the skiing he left his gloves in the lodge. Lots of falls and freezing cold hands made for one miserable kid. I felt guilty for not being there to help him. This year, I made Nate sign up to go with them. Ben had a much better experience. He probably would have been fine if Nate hadn’t gone, but I felt better knowing that we wouldn’t have a repeat of last year’s experience. No tragedies this year. After all of my worrying, Nate laughed a little when Ben asked him if he could take his gloves off because his hands were too hot. They had a great time together. Ben loved looking for animal tracks and following them while they were snowshoeing. He got so excited each time they would find a burrow where the tracks ended.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVED going to the environmental center when I was a kid. I think it's so cool that you guys always go on your kid's field trips.
Glad there were no glove tragedies. You are the most supportive field trip parents in the world.
Post a Comment