
Monday, September 12, 2011
Fall Festival
For years we have heard about how great the Stake Fall Festivals are, but for a variety of reasons we have never made it to one. We decided to try it out this year and it certainly lived up to our expectations. It was a big party! They had all kinds of activities set up for the kids. There was arm wrestling, steer roping, squirt gun duels, potato sack races, searching for treasure in a pile of hay, watermelon and pie eating contests, pony rides, and a hay bale rolling contest. They even had a booth set up to take old fashioned family photos. We had a western style dinner and the best kettle corn I’ve ever tasted. The Hales Family Fiddlers provided the musical entertainment. At the end of the night, they had people come up to learn how to dance the Virginia Reel. I’m not a big fan of public dancing, so I was happy when Emily asked Nate if he would go dance with her. They had a great time. Elise and Ben were both sad afterwards that they hadn’t learned the dance. Me too. Maybe next time. It was a fun night with family and friends. We definitely won’t wait another nine years before going again.
















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! I've never heard of those before, where is it at?
Just at our stake center.
Post a Comment