Saturday, January 21, 2012

Arrow of Light

Ben has had the requirements done for his Arrow of Light award for the last couple of months, but he decided to wait for his friends Korbin and Conner to finish theirs so they could all get them on the same night. It worked out great to have one ceremony for the three of them. It was a good night. The Wolves and Bears put on a quality skit to act out the Arrow of Light story and the boys each got a nice plaque with an arrow. Ben got to do the traditional bridge crossing and the 11-year-old scouts were there to welcome him into their patrol. The most exciting part of the night for Ben was that each boy got to set up a little table to display some of their interests. He thought that was really cool. The second best part was the yummy lemon cupcakes that we had for the refreshments.






I did a happy dance on the way out to the car when I realized this was our very last pack meeting. As much as I am grateful for the Cub Scout program and for all of Ben’s quality leaders, I have never been a big fan of pack meeting. I won’t miss it. We are ready to move on to Boy Scouts. Ben has already gone to one meeting and came home happy and excited about the stuff they did. That’s a good sign.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go Ben! Is it bad that I'm not at all excited about scouts?

Kaylynn said...

Way to go Ben! Having 4 daughters doesn't take us to cub scouts. But way to be good scouting parents!