Our actual New Year’s Eve was pretty low key. We spent the night at home with the kids
playing games. At about 10:00, Abby
asked if she could just go to bed. Elise
made it until 11:40 before falling asleep on the couch. We knew she would be disappointed if she
missed ringing in the New Year, so we woke her up just before midnight. We each had a glass of sparkling juice and
headed off to bed.
New Year’s Day fell on the Sabbath. We built our cool new puzzle from Aaron and
Heidi after church and Jody and Sarah came for dinner. Then it was back to an early bedtime since
the kids had to get up for school. It is
always painful to get back on a schedule after a break, but it will be good
for us.
3 comments:
Next year when you look back, no one will ever know you posted about New Year's eve in May. Thanks for hosting a fun party. I am still bitter I had to bring a vegetable tray....jokes!
Yeah. Hopefully the same rule applies to the Christmas post that I probably won't finish until June. Next time, no food assignments for out of state guests. :)
Getting back on schedule is painful, but I'm glad you were able to make some good memories with your family.
Post a Comment