Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 4: Wednesday, September 12th - Second Disney Day

Our original plan for this day was to head to the beach, but at the last minute we changed plans because the weather was supposed to be warmer on Thursday. To get into the park quickly so we could get the fast passes for the new Radiator Springs Racers, I left early with the 3 older kids while Malinda and Abby got ready.  We got the Racers fast passes and had some time to kill before we could ride, so we headed to Toy Story Mania and rode that a few times before the lines got too crazy. 

We zig-zagged back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventure a few times, running back to Disneyland to get some photos and ride Splash Mountain a few more times (with more bribes for Abby). 






Heading back over to California Adventure, we hit California Screamin’ a bunch of times both with and without fast passes, Goofy’s Flight School, Soarin’ Over California, and Silly Symphony Swings.  Abby went on the Carousel and Toy Story Mania extra times with Malinda while I went with the older kids on California Screamin’.  We went on Tower of Terror a bunch of times since the older kids and I loved it so much, and Abby was content to hang out in A Bug’s Land.  Malinda was a nice mom and rode with her even though the spinning rides made her feel pukey.  We got to ride Radiator Springs Racers again, and it was hilarious seeing Abby wave and smile at Mater (in the ride) like he was real! 













It was a HOT day and the kids were pretty pooped by the afternoon.  They were taking a break on a bench and met the coolest street sweeper man ever.  He we quite entertaining with his rhyming life story and a great example of having a positive attitude no matter what your job is.


We had lunch at the Pilot’s Grill, (which is now our new favorite place to eat at Disneyland… just say yes to air conditioning!).  We headed back to Disneyland in the evening to hit a bunch more rides there including the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Star Tours.




Quote of the day: "Don't come in here.  I smell bad.  I reek.  I can already tell." – Abby

No comments: