We had an early snow storm last week. It corresponded perfectly with an early out
day for the kids. Abby and her friends
wanted to play in the snow and recruited me to help them build a snowman. Being the lazy mom that I am, I delegated
that honor to Emily. She wasn't thrilled
about it, but she had fun once she got out there with them. I got a picture of their finished snowman just in the
nick of time since Abby's friends knocked it over four seconds later.
Despite her initial reluctance, Emily apparently didn't get
her fill of snowman building with just one.
She made her own mini snowman on the front porch.
The cold weather kept the kids inside for most of the
weekend. Nate was a cool dad and helped
the girls build a blanket fort to play in.
They even suckered him into letting them sleep in it on Saturday
night. He moved the piano benches in for
extra support and made them a bed out of some foam pads. They thought it was the coolest thing
ever. Abby moved into Grandma's bed
before she fell asleep and ended up on the couch. Probably a good thing since it was pretty
tight quarters for all three girls and she is infamous for being a sleep
kicker.
2 comments:
I am just about to read all 9 of your new posts, but I am not going to comment on each one. Just know that I care:)
What a fun little weekend. I can't wait until my kids are bigger and I can make them help the younger ones.
Post a Comment