Abby and I had big plans of what we were going to do while
they were gone. Our first stop was to
get haircuts. Then we were going to do
some shopping and go out to dinner. The
storm started just as we were leaving and by the time we got to our hair
appointment, I realized that we probably should have just stayed home. The roads we so bad that we tossed all of our
other plans out the window. When our
hair was done, we headed to Jody’s house.
We stayed there for a couple of hours and seriously considered just
spending the night. In the end, we
decided to brave the roads and come home.
I don’t think I got past 35 mph on the freeway. There was so much snow on the road that I
couldn’t see any lane lines. Luckily,
Abby wasn’t the least bit concerned about our safety and she jabbered on and on
the whole way home. I was glad she was
there to keep me company and keep me calm.
I was double glad when Nate and the kids made it home off the mountain
an hour later. I love the feeling of
having everyone safe and warm under the same roof when it is wintery outside.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Skiing
Nate took Ben, Emily, and Elise skiing on Thursday
night. On paper it was the perfect time
to go. It was an early out day at school
and there was no school on Friday. Plus,
there was a brief break in the cold snap on Thursday. It worked out mostly great. Along with the warmer weather came one of the
biggest snow storms of the year. The
wind and snow made for less than ideal skiing conditions for the first couple
of hours, but the rest of the night was good.
The kids really love skiing with their dad and they are getting better
and better every time. There always
seems to be a little drama when they go.
This time it was Elise’s cold hands/feet (again), Emily twisting her
knee, and Nate leaving the girls in the lodge for 38 minutes (they kept track)
to warm up while he and Ben did a couple of runs up the big hill. Drama aside, they had a really fun night
together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you made it home that night. It was a bad storm. When does Abby get to go skiing?
Nate usually teaches the kids when they are 7 or 8. We talked about letting Abby go sooner since she is last, but she's not really interested. Maybe we can talk her into it next year.
You need to get some hand/feet warmer thingies. What a good Dad. I do like a good storm if everyone is home. Good job driving through the storm.
Elise had hand warmers; she just missed the tutorial about wrapping her fingers around them when she was riding the lift. I'm on the search for quality ski socks for her and Emily.
When can Nate teach me to ski? He is a great dad! I'm glad you all made it home safe.
Post a Comment