Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Memorable moments from Valentine’s Day:

Ben’s awesome minion box (He won first place in the cartoon category.)



Pancakes with heart shaped jam


Breakfast in bed for Abby


Rowan (a boy in Elise’s class) giving Elise all of his candy because he isn’t eating sugar this month


Abby wearing her pretty pink dress to school for Valentine’s Day and having blue teeth all night long from eating candy


Cute heart hair


Making sugar cookies


Ben wearing Maxwell Bowen’s mullet wig for the 80’s themed 6th grade dance (the day after Valentine’s Day)



Not pictured, but also memorable:

Elise coming home early from school with a tummy ache

Valentine gifts: ski goggles and a slinky for Ben; ski goggles, lotion, and candy scented nail polish for the girls

Emily making cookies and a candy tin at Activity Days

Take-out Chinese food from Zhang’s

7 comments:

Claudy said...

That wig is hilarious. Korbin told me Ben dressed up as Michael Jackson!

Kaylynn said...

The wig is awesome and Abby's dress is very cute. Gotta love extra candy from someone not eating sugar that month.

Hilary said...

Ok, I officially ban myself from reading your blog after holidays. It makes my head hurt. I'm proud of myself if I get my kids out the door with Valentines for their class. I never think to do anything else.

Heidi said...

That is an amazing valentine box!
I love Abby's blue teeth.
Is there a reason she scored breakfast in bed?
Ben's dress-up outfit is great.
I agree with Hillary!

Malinda said...

No reason besides she has afternoon kindergarten. It was really lunch in bed. I had to make food anyway, so it was easy enough to shape it like hearts and let her eat in bed. 12 seconds of effort to make her feel special was worth it. :)

ilovemac92 said...

These are amazing things to do with our kids:) love the minion box! What did you make for the arms/hands and the legs/feet? Super cute. Thanks

Malinda said...

ilovemac92, the arms are just made from a small cardboard tube (it think it was from wrapping paper) covered with yellow paper. The hands are made from black craft foam. We cut two for each hand and glued them together around the bottom of each arm. The legs are toilet paper tubes (cut to about an inch and a half long) covered with denim and the feet are made from really thin wood that my husband cut out on a scroll saw. Getting it to balance on the legs/feet was kind of tricky. If we were doing it again, I would probably skip that part and just have the minion sit on his bum. :)