Friday, March 8, 2013

Shark Tooth

Abby was talking to me on Monday afternoon and I thought I saw something funny in her mouth.  I had her open wide and realized that her permanent tooth had come in behind her baby tooth.  I called my friend Angie (a dental assistant) to ask about our little shark girl.  She said that it actually pretty common, but that we should take her in and have the dentist pull the baby tooth.  We were lucky enough to get an appointment on Wednesday morning.  Abby was super excited.  Her kindergarten teacher puts the kids' names on a chart when they lose a tooth, and Abby was getting worried that she wasn’t going to make it on the chart before the school year was over.  Thanks to laughing gas and a prize token, the whole process was pretty painless.  Abby thought it was all great fun.  It looks like her next tooth is doing the same thing.  I told her to start wiggling it so we won’t have to shell out another $57 for an extraction.



The tooth fairy brought a gold dollar, a bag of gummy bears, and a cute freckle-faced Polly Pocket.  Abby couldn’t have been happier. 

3 comments:

Katie Jason said...

That is cute! Both Ryan's bottom teeth did the same thing. We never had the baby's extracted and once the baby teeth had come out the adults moved into the correct position. I'm waiting to see what happens with his uppers!

Nicholle said...

Harmony's bottom tooth did that too. And Gideon's had all sorts of wacky teeth (thanks to the orthodontia they are moving into place).

Heidi said...

Austin and zack will be so jealous! They want to lose a tooth so bad.