Monday, May 26, 2008

Tooth Fairy

Emily lost her first tooth yesterday. It is hard to believe that she is old enough to even have a loose tooth, but I guess she is. It fell out when we were eating dinner. She was very excited.



She bought a little tooth fairy doll over a year ago with her money from doing chores . . . it’s a little 3 inch doll and the skirt comes off so you can use it as a little pouch to put your tooth in before you put it under your pillow. It is amazing that she could even find it after a year, but she did. She was very excited that she was finally able to use it.




She came in at 6:25 this morning to show us her loot. She got a gold dollar, a bag of jolly ranchers and a Littlest Pet Shop dog that she named Brownie.

7 comments:

Dale Clarke said...

Wow - I can't believe Emily is old enough to lose a tooth. I don't think Braden will be ready for a year or more. Don't let your kids tell my kids about how generous the tooth fairy is at your house, I'll be toast!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Wow we want your tooth fairy! Adam had a tooth pulled the other day at the dentist and I totally forgot to put money under his pillow. He told me the next morning that that tooth fairy didn't come "Mom you forgot" ...so I handed him a dollar. He was happy. I am bad!

Heidi said...

I can't believe she's that big! You have quite the tooth fairy!

Hilary said...

Our tooth fairy hasn't learned about inflation and certainly didn't get the 'give money AND treats' memo. One night Britton lost a tooth right before bedtime and we didn't have any change in the entire house. Adam found a few nickles, a dime and 14 pennies. Britton thought it was the best ever!

Cydnee said...

Apparently Hil's toothfairy didn't hear about the inflation either. I think our t.f. comes somewhere in between Hil's and Malin's t.f. on the generosity scale.

Cydnee said...

Woops, Hil was the one who mentioned the inflation thing...

Malinda said...

It's a little late, but just to clarify, our tooth fairy only brings a prize on the first tooth. After that, the kids get a gold dollar and a treat. We were rookie parents when Ben lost his first tooth. He got a Thomas coloring book with his money. Unfortunately, our kids remember everything, so we couldn't let Emily feel moted.