For the treat, we made (or at least attempted to make) rice crispy turkeys. While the other kids were decorating their turkeys, Abby managed to spread hers from her wrist to her belly button. How does that even happen? It took Nate a good ten minutes just to pick it all off of her clothes.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Giving Thanks
Last night for Family Home Evening we made our annual “I’m thankful for” turkey. It was more fun this year since Ben and Emily could write on their own feathers. After we finished the turkey, the kids started naming off lots of other blessings . . . science books, games, Book of Mormon stories, a trampoline, water, electricity, maps, cars, etc. It is always good to get the kids (and us) thinking about how blessed we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's what we did for our family home evening, but we didn't have a cool turkey. I need to start copying you and getting all of your cool ideas!
FHE next week is now planned. Thanks!
I love Abby's smile! She KNOWS she is cute.
Love the turkey idea, we are for sure copying too.
what a great idea for fhe!! i might have to copy your idea for next week. where did you get your giant turkey?
Amity, I just printed off a clipart turkey head, colored it, and stuck it on a body that I cut out of a piece of paper. I printed the feathers on different colored papers and let the kids cut them out. We each got 5 feathers to write on and took turns putting them on the turkey.
I'll email you the turkey head and pattern for the feathers.
Malinda
Amity told me about your cute Turkey FHE and send me to your blog! I read through most of it since I adore your kids and family! I also really liked the idea of teaching my children how blessed they are! Amanda Poll
Post a Comment