Once everyone got here, it was a big party. After a delicious dinner, there were all kinds of activities going on . . . ping-pong, football, PlayStation, movie watching, ad looking, sewing, etc. The kids were having such a great time with their cousins that we decided to let them have a little slumber party. Having nine kids in the house and absolutely no desire to cook inspired us to start a new Thanksgiving tradition of cold cereal for dinner. Genius!
It was a fun, full, busy day. I was exhausted by the time I went to bed, but exhausted in a good way. My favorite part of Thanksgiving with my family is that we split up all of the leftovers so we get to have Thanksgiving dinner for two (or three) days in a row. Yum! I’m already looking forward to having a turkey sandwich and some frog eye salad for lunch. Maybe even some apple pie to top it off . . . mmm.


3 comments:
Holidays wouldn't be holidays without some excitement! I see poor Reatha was put at the kid table. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
There was an empty chair at the grown-up table . . . she just didn't want to sit by us.
Wow What fun! Now I'm feeling homesick for family gatherings.
Post a Comment