Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Emily's Keyboarding Practice

Emily wanted to practice typing on the computer today before school. She probably sat here for a good hour working on her little writing project. Every once in a while she would ask me how to spell a word, but the rest was all her. I laughed when I saw what she had written. She’s a cute girl. I was mostly impressed that, in a writing sample that otherwise is seriously lacking punctuation, she used an apostrophe correctly – twice! She did ask me where the “thing that looks like a comma but goes up higher” was on the keyboard, but the usage was all hers.

I Love My Baby Sister She Is Named Abby She Has Blue Eyes She Has Red Hair. I Love My Dear Heavenly Father He Made The Earth For Me So I Can Go And Play Ride My Bike Thank Thee Dear Father. My Family’s Names Are Abby 1 Elise4 Emily6 Me Ben 7 Mom 34 Dad 35 6 People I Am 6 Years Old. Emily’s Paper !

5 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

That's awesome! Are you seriously 34?? just kidding.

Heidi said...

What a cutie! She is one smart little girl. I also can't believe you're 34, you're the one that's OLD! :)

Dale Clarke said...

Wow - she is one smart cookie! Braden hasn't gotten there yet, but he knows how to navigate all around the Webkinz website and play computer games WAY better than me!

Cydnee said...

So sweet! Also, you should apply to be the editor of Family Fun magazine. You are inspiring/intimidating with all your awesome holiday tradiations.

Heather said...

Is she a first grader? Wow.