Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Potty Training Progress

At 9:00 Saturday night we realized that we had run out of diapers for Abby. Neither of us wanted to go to the store, so we decided we would just start potty training. We’ve been planning on doing it for a while, but life keeps getting in the way and it just never seems like a good time. So, ready or not (I’m definitely not), we are embarking on our fourth adventure in potty training.

Sunday and Monday were very hit and miss and I was already starting to have second thoughts. Today we had an amazing breakthrough. Abby stayed dry ALL DAY. That includes a two hour PTA meeting and being at the park for an hour during Emily’s soccer practice. There were even three times today that she said “I need to go tinkle” (which usually means “I just tinkled”) and she was still dry! I’m trying not to be too optimistic . . . I don’t want to jinx it by celebrating too early. Still, a big part of me is hoping that it could be just this easy. We’ll see what tomorrow holds.

My favorite part is that when she is sitting on the toilet she’ll look up (with a very serious expression) and say “I needs pwizacy.” I love it!

7 comments:

EmWJ said...

Ok. Scott's turn! (Can I send him to your house?)

Claudy said...

Finally, I never thought you would do it at least in the near future. I'm sure she'll want to learn fast. She likes to keep up with her siblings which isn't a bad thing especially if she can be potty trained within 3 to 4 days.

Hilary said...

Even though I'm officially done with potty training, it still makes me twitch involuntarily at the mere mention of the phrase. Good luck!

dcscrivy said...

Potty training is by far the worst part of motherhood. That would be nice if she got it that fast!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Wuhoo! that would be incredible!! Go Abby!

Katie Jason said...

Yay! Ryan says the exact same thing " I need privacy" it cracks me up! Unfortunately when I try telling him that I need it, he doesn't leave :)

Heidi said...

Go Abby! I hope it goes well, someday soon maybe Austin and Zack will join the fun.