Abby was born with a preauricular tag. It was harmless (just some extra cartilage and skin in front of her ear), but it kind of freaked me out in the delivery room. I thought it was a miniature third ear and I started counting all of her fingers and toes to make sure she didn’t have any other extra appendages. It was shaped like a little peanut, so that’s what we called it.
Two years ago today (when she was six months old), she had plastic surgery to have it removed. The surgery mostly went well. We forgot to wrap her ear in saran wrap after we put the Lidocaine cream on, so it wasn’t really numb when they gave her the shot. She screamed. Then, they had to put her on a papoose board for the surgery. She screamed more. It was not pleasant to watch. By the time we left the doctor’s office, she was fine. She had a quick recovery and healed up beautifully.


2 comments:
I remember that "peanut." Thank goodness for cosmetic surgery for things like that. I can't believe how much she has grown since then!
I forget about that until you say something. The poor girl, thank heavens they don't remember things. She looks so sweet in those pictures!
Post a Comment