Monday, January 11, 2010

Little Miss Abby


Abby is at a sometimes fun and sometimes aggravating stage of life. Half of the time she is funny and charming; the other half she is stubborn and irritable. She can switch from one extreme to the other within seconds and we never know exactly what to expect. I had forgotten what an adventure it is to have a two-year-old in the house. Here are a few of the great things about Abby:

Every time we’re in the car and go down a hill, Abby will say (in a very excited voice), “This is like a ride on Space Mountain!” It’s a line she picked up from Space Buddies, and it sounds hilarious coming out of her mouth.

She loves to sing and does it all day. Her repertoire of songs really grew with all of the new Christmas songs she learned. She isn’t too picky about singing the lines in the order they were written. She just sings whatever parts she remembers in whatever order she wants . . . over and over again.

Abby hasn’t worn real clothes for weeks. We have about a dozen princess dress-up dresses and she typically wears at least five or six different ones every day. I make her wear real clothes if we are going somewhere, but the second we walk in the door, she is taking them off, putting on a princess dress, and clomping around the house in plastic high heels. She insists that we call her by the name of whatever outfit she is wearing . . . “I not Abby, I Seeping Booty.”

If someone hurts her feelings (which happens about three times a day), she will run as fast as she can into her room and throw herself onto her bed to cry. When you combine princess dresses with oversensitivity and lack of sleep, you get cute pictures like this:


Abby is a great gift-receiver . . . even if the gift is a Jolly Rancher. When you give her something, she gets all wide-eyed and says “For me?!?!?” It was my favorite part of opening Christmas presents this year.

The most wonderful news about Abby is that she is finally potty trained. I jumped the gun a bit back in
October when I thought we were done. She has been awesome with tinkling from the beginning, but was not a fan of pooping in the toilet. She had a fabulous turn around in the last couple of weeks and is now a pooping pro. She insists that the whole family comes into the bathroom to celebrate after every success. The kids have been great cheerleaders and the whole scene is pretty amusing to watch.

3 comments:

Amy said...

How cute! I love the princess stage - I can't wait for Rachel to get into it. And for her to be potty trained, but I may have to wait a while for that one. She does like to strip naked at least once a day for me though. She thinks it's hilarious!
Abby is a sure fire cutie!

Heidi said...

I LOVE that picture of her sleeping! She is so cute and has the sweetest personality, I love that little girl! I'm beyond jealous that she's potty trained. I'm having second thoughts about starting this weekend. I think you should send her to my house for a couple of days, Zack and Austin would love it!

Hilary said...

It's always a wonderful feeling when the last one becomes a real "pooping pro." Congrats!