Ben was happy with all of his presents, but the best part of his day was that we let him skip his piano lesson (a major reason he was dreading the idea of a Tuesday birthday). He wanted to go to Firehouse Pizzeria for dinner, so we skipped basketball practice and pack meeting and headed down to Centerville. It worked out great that Ben’s birthday coincided with their kids eat free on Tuesday deal. :) Dinner was delicious and Ben even got his own personal size FH’zzookie.
I didn’t have any great cake ideas, so I asked Ben if he wanted me to make a cake or if he wanted to pick a different dessert. He chose apple pie. Then he said “I really wish there was such a thing as lemon pie because lemon is my favorite flavor.” Ben was thrilled to discover that there really is such a thing as lemon pie (we don’t get out much). And, it just so happened that Marie Callender’s featured pie of the month was lemon meringue. Perfect!
We told Ben a couple of stories from the day he was born on the drive home. It was fun to think back and remember how excited we were for that little boy. He has certainly made parenting an adventure. He is famous for throwing us a curve ball whenever we think we have him figured out. Still, he has one of the biggest hearts of any kid I know and really wants to do what is right. We sure love that boy!
5 comments:
Wow - 9 already!!! I'm glad he likes cloudy days, that is so funny! And it looks like Star Wars and Diary of a Wimpy Kid are favorites. Happy Birthday Ben!
A store bought pie for a birthday cake? Welcome to my world, Malin. I'm soooooo glad you FINALLY joined me here. :) Isn't it wonderful? Admit it, it was nice, wasn't it?
Have I ever told you how much I love that kid! I love that he said his body was filled with joy all day, so cute. And how perfect that it was cloudy for him. I'm glad he had such a great day. I was thinking after Zack and Austin's last birthday that I hope the day comes that they will want a different kind of dessert for their birthday as well. I love your Ben stories, think of how boring life would be without him. :)
I have to admit that it was wonderful to just buy a pie and call it good. I used to really love making their cakes, but I'm pretty much over it. I won't feel bad if the girls want to follow his lead. :)
Ben does have a big heart. I like his moves when he plays on the wii:) He's spastic!
Post a Comment