Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome 2010

We had a great New Year’s Eve. We took the kids sledding in the morning. We were excited to test out our jumbo river tube on the snow, but it only made it through two runs down the hill before springing a leak. Luckily, we had two other tubes and a sled with us and that was enough to keep everyone entertained. Abby was a little reluctant to go down the hill and spent half of the time playing on the playground instead. Once Nate convinced her to ride with him on the sled, she was hooked.





We spent the rest of the day watching movies, playing games, and eating yummy food. It was fabulous. Ben and Emily played their first game of Scrabble and loved it. They should be able to give us some real competition in a few years. All four kids managed to stay awake to ring in the New Year.






I’m still trying to break back into the routine of school and work and schedules. Emily and Elise had their first dance classes this week. Both of them absolutely loved it. (Abby was more than a little upset that she didn’t get to go. She wants to do everything that her sisters do.) It was also the first week of basketball for Ben. He knows most of the boys on his team and his coach is a friend of ours from the ward. It should be lots of fun for him. Between dance two nights a week, basketball two nights a week, scouts, and piano lessons, our calendar is pretty full. The good news is that nothing overlaps and with a little planning we should still be able have dinner together every night.

3 comments:

Parry Family said...

Where are your girls taking dance. I really want to get Lexie doing something. She is so bored at home with me all day.

Malinda said...

Callie, they are going to Music in Motion (down by Kirts). She has a class for 3 year olds. I think it is on Mondays at 5:00.

Abby is getting bored with me all day too. She got spoiled for having everyone home over Christmas and hates when all of the kids leave for school. We should start doing some playdates for her and Lexie during the week.

Heidi said...

That makes me want to go sledding again. I love the glasses, I thought about making some for my kids but I'm not as high effort as you. My boys have those same pajamas that Emily is wearing (we got them from you). They fight over them constantly. I love your kids and I love Abby's dress in that bottom picture. :)