Sunday, April 18, 2010

Combo Post

I’m feeling a blog backlog in my brain, so I thought I would do a random catchall post before the month is up.

We won a free membership to the Treehouse Museum last fall at our school’s literacy night. I’m always excited about anything free, but Nate was less than thrilled with our prize. (He’s been on one too many fieldtrips to the Treehouse and it is not his favorite place.) Anyway, we finally activated our membership a couple of weeks ago when the kids had the day off school. Claudy invited us to go with her and Korbin and Maddie. Going with a couple of friends is lots more fun than going with a fieldtrip group. The kids had a great time and loved going to lunch at Chick-fil-A afterwards.



My nephew just left on his mission, so his family drove over from Colorado to take him to the MTC. We had a little send off party at my brother’s house. My kids left coveting their treehouse and firepit.




Abby has decided she is old enough to do her own hair. It’s all good as long as she doesn’t figure out how to plug in the curling iron.


Abby has a mind of her own and doesn’t like it if she doesn’t get her way. The good news is that she doesn’t throw a fit right in the middle of the family room. If she is upset she’ll drop whatever she is doing (literally) and run into her bedroom to cry. She’ll come out five or ten minutes later with a big smile, ready to play again. If she is really tired, she’ll curl up with her blanket and fall asleep. Even three year old drama queens look sweet when they are sleeping.


The other morning Emily and Abby discovered that our central vac tubes work great as an intercom system. It was hilarious to listen to their conversation through the pipes.



I love it when the girls all play together nicely. I hope they can get along as well in ten years when they are all teenagers. (Heaven help us!)


Elise had a fieldtrip to the Nature Center this week. She had fun with her friends and Abby had fun tagging along.



3 comments:

Claudy said...

Anytime you want company going to the Treehouse give us a call. Thanks for helping with the kiddos this weekend:)

Amy said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the picture of them all coloring together.

Heidi said...

That is so funny that Abby and Emily were talking to each other through the central vac.
I wish my kids would run to their room and cry, they just give us the pleasure of doing it wherever we are. :)