Friday, April 9, 2010

Shiny and New

Nate bought me new silverware for our anniversary. (It is still two months away, but we don’t really stick to the dates for gift giving when a $lickdeal is involved.) We were tired of running out of forks if we had company or if we forgot to run the dishwasher at night. This new set has service for 24 with 48 forks, so we should be good even if we go two whole days without running the dishwasher. Wahoo.

We have a hundred dollar bet riding on who is the first one to mangle a utensil in the garbage disposal. I’m already planning what to do with the money when I win. :)


9 comments:

Katie Jason said...

That is my silverware - - you are soo cool :)

Heidi said...

Very cute! I need to get more as well.
A hundred dollar bet, wow! We only do $1 bets, but we bet with our personal money and I'm never willing to part with more than that.

amity said...

that is awesome. isn't is funny how we get so excited over a little thing like silverware (when in reality it really is such a big thing because of the price)? you are very lucky. i hope they last long and stay away from the garbage disposal.

amity said...

can i get in on the bet? i think it might be malinda. i am just going off of what it would be at my house. cause i am usually the one who does the dishes and pretty sure i am the only one who uses the garbage disposal.

Malinda said...

Yeah Heidi, it is easier to do big bets when all of the money is really just coming out of Nate's paycheck. :) I'm hoping that $100 is enough to remind both of us to double check.

Amity, Nate and I have a deal that I do laundry and he does dishes (most of the time), so really the odds are in my favor. We'll see.

The Redhead Riter said...

Simple and elegant...love them!

How did you get so lucky to have TWO redheads?

Heather said...

We got silverware for Christmas...a much needed and easily overlooked gift! Good job.

Malinda said...

It took 14 months, but I just won $100. :)

Heidi said...

What are you going to do with it? Take me to lunch? :)