Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Wish I Had a Picture

Last night it was our den’s turn to put on a skit for pack meeting. We did a variation of the JC Penney skit. Ben got to be the kid that came in wearing nothing but a towel around his waist (and his Bear neckerchief). It was hilarious to see him standing there in all his skinny glory with a big grin on his face. I wish I had a picture. Our skit even got a real laugh instead of the typical courtesy laugh/groan at the end of most cub scout skits. Hurray.

I realized last night that Ben only has two months left in our den. I always dreaded getting a calling in cub scouts, but I’m glad I got to be Ben’s den leader. I’m a bit hard on him and I expect more out of him than I do the other boys. What can I say? I have a vested interest in him being a good kid. He’ll probably be excited to move on to Webelos where he can get away with goofing off, but I’m going to miss him.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I wish you had a picture too!