Friday, November 5, 2010

Kaylynn Would Be Proud

Hil and Cyd came to play yesterday. The three of us are all that is left of the K-1 crew living in Utah. We had to step it up a bit and act like grownups without Kaylynn here to be the mom. It was all new territory. Hilary managed to find my house without Kaylynn in the car; Cyd provided the yummy homemade cookie dough; and I cooked the pizza and made the fazookies. We missed Kay-dog, but it’s good to know that we can still pull off a get-together even though she has left the country. We had a fun afternoon catching up with each other and learning new vocabulary. I am grateful for quality friends!


6 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I am so honored to be the title and subject of your blog post. Sounds delicious. What new vocabulary did you learn?

Malinda said...

“Commandeered” was Hilary’s word of the day. It was popping up all over the place. And Cyd coined the phrase “connected nakedly”. That’s a new one. :)

Hilary said...

Wow, Malin, you're getting brave to share Cyd's new phrase on your blog. Commandeer isn't that weird, is it? It means "to seize arbitrarily" or "to seize for military or other public use." What? Nobody else uses this word on a daily basis??

Kaylynn, you're totally famous now.

Malinda said...

Only 12 people read my blog, so I wasn't too afraid. I just wasn't brave enough to share the Vermont lingo. That was the other vocabulary word of the day.

Heidi said...

Nothing better than great friends!

Heather said...

I would like to hear Squid's definition of her 'new word'...I can only imagine!

I could sure use a little k-1 crew gathering...too bad I'm too far! (If I were Ker-dog, I would have been there, right?)