Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ben's Turn

It was Ben’s turn to go skiing with his dad last Thursday. The snow didn’t look so great at Wolf Mountain, so they decided to try out Powder Mountain instead. Ben did great and picked up right where he left off two years ago. Both Nate and Ben had a fun time, but there is an obvious drop in the level of enthusiasm from your first ski trip to your fourth (for the teacher as well as the student). I guess that is true with pretty much anything. Nate did love that he got to ski unattached to a kid 99% of the time. That was nice. The most excited Ben got when he was telling me about their night was when he got to the part about the moose that was crossing the road right in front of them. Seeing that moose and a cool hobbit door next to someone’s house were definite highlights of his ski trip.


Ben only fell three or four times all night, so this video isn’t entirely representative. I just love his little spin before his fall and the way he laughs while he is sliding down the hill. (When I tried to trim it, the audio wouldn’t work, so I just uploaded the whole thing. Try to ignore the first seven and the last ten seconds.)

No comments: