Yesterday morning it was 56 degrees in our house. I pushed every button and flipped every switch I could find to try to get our furnace to turn on, but nothing worked. It’s not fun to get out of a warm bed and get dressed and ready for the day when it is that chilly. It’s even less fun to get four kids out of warm beds and dressed and ready for the day when they are all complaining about how cold it is. But, we managed. I called Nate, and he called our favorite service center to get a diagnosis. The good news is that our furnace is fine; it was just the thermostat that wasn’t working. After Nate assured me that they were low-voltage wires, I used my best MacGyver skills and re-routed the wires to bypass the thermostat. I did a happy dance when I heard the furnace kick on. I kept singing that My Turn on Earth song about opposition all day in my head. Nothing makes you appreciate a working heater more than a few hours without one.
I’m pretty much done with winter. I like the whole four seasons thing, but once Christmas is over I don’t really see the point of snow or cold. It is too cold to do anything. I haven’t really left the house in the last week except to take the kids to school. I feel like I am just hibernating and waiting for spring to come. At least I can hibernate in a warm house.
3 comments:
I need to hibernate this upcoming week and weekend! Wahoo... Short day Wed & Thur... No School Friday-Monday. Happy dance :).
BTW- I have favor #257 to ask you for. I'll give you a call tomorrow.
I am the same way, after christmas is over I just want spring. I, too, only left my house 2 times this week. It is a little embarrassing, but I just get my own little projects to keep me busy at home and I am good. Seriously though, I am so over winter!
You want to hear something crazy? My mom and dad woke up that same morning to their house in the 50's because there heater also broke in the night. Crazy!
Post a Comment