Sunday, March 13, 2011

Children's Choir

Ben and Emily sang in Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was pretty neat for them to have a chance to sing in the tabernacle before all of the renovations are done. Emily was genuinely excited about doing it. Ben was not. He was a little mad at me for making him sing, but he got over it eventually. I didn’t get to see them (Elise was sick, so I stayed home with her), but according to Nate they both did a great a job singing and sitting reverently in the choir seats for two hours. It was fun to hear them tell me all about it. They actually listened to the talks and had lots of stories to tell me when they got home. I also had a couple of people tell me how “funny” Abby was. I’m a little afraid to know exactly what that means. Nate says “she acted like a three year old at stake conference.” Apparently that was pretty entertaining for the people sitting by her.

I sent a camera with Nate, but the batteries were dead so he took a picture with his cell phone. It’s not a great picture, but it’s all about the memory.


A couple of days later, Emily got this sweet little postcard from her school teacher. Have I mentioned how much I love my kids’ teachers? I really feel like we hit the jackpot this year.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the love your guts part on the postcard. Way to go Ben and Emily!

EmWJ said...

I almost requested Mrs. Gubler after Marri had her, but decided to just let the chips fall.