The Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, Thing 2, and Sally
Elementary school is fun! Making cool costumes the night before Dr. Seuss day is not always so much fun. We did a test run with Emily’s hair last night and the supposed-to-be-bright-blue hairspray we bought came out dark purple. Crikey. Time to improvise. Luckily we had some blue pom-poms in the playroom. They were pretty haggard, but they worked. I put the hats together after the kids were in bed last night and I was a little afraid that the girls wouldn’t like them. When I got up in the morning, Emily met me with a big smile and said, “Mom, thanks for the hat! I love it! It’s perfect!” Phew. I was so pleased that she was happy. Then I went to throw something in the garbage and saw this:

Too funny. Nate was apparently trying to avoid a repeat of Valentine’s Day. I told him that next time he needs to tell her to crumple it up in a ball before she puts it in the garbage. I was wondering where all of the sweetness came from. At least she was obedient. :)
*Thanks to Celeste for the pom-pom idea, to Holly for the red and white hat, and to Jacob for the long-sleeved black shirt. You guys rock!
Too funny. Nate was apparently trying to avoid a repeat of Valentine’s Day. I told him that next time he needs to tell her to crumple it up in a ball before she puts it in the garbage. I was wondering where all of the sweetness came from. At least she was obedient. :)
*Thanks to Celeste for the pom-pom idea, to Holly for the red and white hat, and to Jacob for the long-sleeved black shirt. You guys rock!
9 comments:
lol. Nate's a cool dad! So many kids had so many fun costumes today. The kids go to a great school!!!
That was so funny! What a nice husband and what cute costumes!
awesome costumes!! are you telling me you did not buy the shirts?!? cuz holy stinkin cute, batman!! i love the note. at least it worked.
So cute and creative. I am sure you know by now that you won the disney on ice tickets! Have fun!
You won the Disney tickets...so cool! What's your secret to winning? The only thing I've ever won was a eco friendly cleaning kit:). I know I know you're jealous:}
That is so ridiculously cute! You have a wonderful husband and fabulous kids.
I am already calling my bump Thing 3!
The note from your husband is the funniest thing of the day. Love it. The costumes turned out awesome. That is a skill I don't have.
I'm really glad my kids didn't want/need me to 'make' costumes for their Dr. Seuss week last week...great job!
I love the costumes! And I love that Nate would write them a note and tell them to throw it away so you wouldn't see it. You guys are such great parents!
Post a Comment