
Those words translate into quesadillas, peaches, chocolate pudding, apple juice, cheese and crackers, and special apple juice (the kind with Miralax mixed in). I love her creative spelling. Ben and Emily would always ask how to spell things. Not Elise. She just does it her own way. It very much suits her personality.
My mom was here last weekend and Ben was sharing every fact he knows about space with her. I was a little afraid her head might explode, so I told him that maybe he should write it down instead. Surprisingly, he loved that idea. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil and started writing down facts about the rocky planets. He didn’t look in a book. It was all straight from memory. That boy cracks me up. He complains when he has one page of homework to do, but is happy to do a random, unassigned report on outer space. After he had finished the rocky planets, he kept saying “I just need to do the gas giants and then the sun and then you can type it all up for me . . . since you type faster than I do . . . and then I can make a PowerPoint presentation of all the information.” You go wild Ben.

5 comments:
So that's what a 4th graders handwriting should look like! Nice to know.
I gave Madison all of the animal facts that Ben gave us. Maddie looked a little puzzled. I turned around and told her it's a myth and dogs aren't color blind. She smiled. That's how we roll at this house. :)
I love her spelling, I was trying to figure them out and couldn't figure out what quesadillas was, what a cute girl!
I can't believe the amount of knowledge in Ben's head!
i was able to spend every morning in mrs. lott's classroom last week. it was a blast and i have to tell you that ben is quite the student. he was always the one answering the questions i would ask about information that i had given them earlier in the week. he has an amazing memory and is awesome at retaining knowledge. that is quite an achievement!!
Addy is starting to spell things out too, and it is really cute to see! Your kids are so cute, and so very smart!
I have to say I'm impressed with Ben's handwriting. WOW! I have The Universe DVD sets that he might really like if he needs something to keep him busy.
Post a Comment