Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boating with the Godfreys

Our good friends the Godfreys were here visiting from Texas last week. Since we couldn’t make it to the big friend gathering on Saturday, we planned a boating day with their family on Tuesday. I was not thrilled when I got summoned to jury duty that day. I had to report to the courthouse at 8:45 a.m. I was worried that I was going to have to miss out on all of the fun we had planned for the week. I felt lots better about things when the judge said that he anticipated the trial being over by the end of the day. Fortunately, my jury duty experience only lasted about an hour and a half. I was just there for the selection process. It was really quite interesting, but I wasn’t disappointed when I wasn’t chosen as one of the “lucky” eight to serve on the jury. I was happy to go home and head out to the lake with my family.

Nolan and Lori had some lunch plans and couldn’t meet us until later in the afternoon. So, we got in a little boating time before they showed up. I had the most fun skiing that I have had in years. Warm, glassy water makes all the difference! It was also wonderful to have the whole beach to ourselves. Boating on Tuesday afternoons is infinitely better than weekend boating.









It was fun to catch up with Nolan and Lori and to get to know their kids’ personalities better. Our brother-less Ben sure loved hanging out with William and Stephen. They had a great time together. Some days I wish that more of our friends lived close-by so we could hang out more often, but we’ll take what we can get.










1 comment:

Heidi said...

I wish we could have found a time to go boating. It looks like you had a great time!