Thursday, October 27, 2011

Black Island Farms

Abby’s preschool class went to Black Island Farms this week. It was FREEZING cold. When we were getting ready to go, Abby insisted on wearing her coat and gloves. It wasn’t that cold at our house, so I mocked her a little. I was glad that I had let her bundle up once we got there. It was overcast and windy and Abby was just about the only one there who had dressed appropriately for the weather.

There were loads of different activities for the kids. We went on a hayride out to the fields. Pedro, our tour guide, showed us giant carrots and a big cabbage patch and told us how to make pumpkin pie. Each of the kids got to pick their own little pumpkin out of the field. Abby was super selective and was one of the last kids to get back on the trailer. We spent the rest of the morning doing all of the activities they had set up for the kids. I was the chaperone for Abby’s friends Scott and Tess, so I mostly just followed the three of them around as they ran from one thing to the next. It was lots of fun, and really cold. Did I mention the cold?











1 comment:

EmWJ said...

Cecily and I sat giggling at all of these pics! So cute, it makes me a bit sad I missed it, but I'm so glad you both watched my boy and captured these darling moments. Thanks!