Friday, October 7, 2011

Our New Conference Tradition


Nate and I picked up a few puzzles at the DI last week. Ben really wanted to build the one we got of Salt Lake City, so we set up a table in the playroom and built it while we watched conference on Sunday. It was great. The kids were quiet and seemed to be listening to the speakers. I stayed awake for both sessions (hardly ever happens), and my mind didn’t wander like it does when I am just sitting and watching. Somehow having puzzle pieces in my hands made it lots easier for me to attend to what was being said from the pulpit. I think we are going to make puzzle building our new conference tradition.

4 comments:

EmWJ said...

I have never thought to do puzzles on conference until this year to, when I saw how it kept Scott occupied quietly for most of the Sunday afternoon session. And I just love this photo of Scott with his Uncle Chris (a huge puzzle buff) helping him.

Kaylynn said...

I am a big believer in keeping your hands busy and your mind will listen to conference better. Puzzles are a great idea.

amity said...

jared loved this idea!! he came home raving about how you and the wheeler's both do this. i think we might have a new tradition, also.

Heidi said...

We also loved doing this! Although, our puzzle wasn't quite that complicated. :)