Abby’s preschool class had a nature themed field trip at the Ogden River Parkway. The kids made birdfeeders out of mini bagels, cream cheese, and birdseed. Then we took a nature walk along the river so they could collect “treasures” in their bags. Abby filled her bag with sticks, leaves, rocks, pinecones, flowers, and berries. She thought it was great. I had to head straight to Elise’s fieldtrip, so Abby got to go home with her friend Tess. As an extra treat, they went to McDonald’s for lunch on the way home. For a four year old, a fieldtrip AND McDonald’s makes for a perfect day!
I skipped the first half of Elise’s field trip since I was with Abby. I wasn’t too sad about it since the Nature Center isn’t my favorite field trip. She reportedly had a great time which is all that really matters. I met up with the first graders at the fish farm just in time for lunch. Elise’s class was the first group to get to catch a fish. It took FOREVER! Usually at the fish farm you have a bite within about 30 seconds of throwing in your line. This time it took us at least ten minutes to catch fish. Those fish were either already well fed or they had wised up to the bait on the hook. We finally buddied up with a dad who was having better luck. I helped Elise hold the hook just at the surface of the water, he threw in a handful of food, and we had a fish. Wahoo. Elise was not about to touch it. I really wanted a picture of her holding it, so I bribed her with a dollar. (I still haven’t paid up. Oops.) The rest of the day was a free for all. I left Elise playing tetherball with some friends and headed home.
The third graders took their annual field trip to Salt Lake City at the first of the month. So many parents signed up to chaperone in Emily’s class that I got to spend the day just one on one with her. It was great! We rode Front Runner down to Salt Lake and headed to Discovery Gateway. We checked out all of the exhibits/activities. Emily’s favorite was the rock wall. She climbed it over and over again. We had a lunch break and then went to the Planetarium. Emily loved the Newton’s Daydream exhibit, the pendulum, and finding her weight on other planets, but her favorite part was watching a movie in the domed theater. She thought it was so cool. We barely made the TRAX train back to the station (her teacher got yelled at for holding the door open for the kids who were behind us), and then headed home on Front Runner. It was a good day. Emily can be a stinker at home sometimes, but she is really well behaved whenever we are out doing stuff. It makes being with her lots of fun.

5 comments:
I love Elise's fave while she is holding the fish, hilarious!
I meant face, not fave, oops!
Now...that's a bribery!
Look at those cute girls growing up with such different personalities yet so alike with those silly faces.
I think you and Nate deserve the Best Field Trip Parents Award. I love Elise's fish face. And you are a super cute Mom - you look great (skinny, cute hair, etc). I have been missing you kids lately. Can't wait for Christmas break.
I love Abby's cute smile in her pictures!
I also love Elise's grossed out fish face, so funny!
I don't know why, but it surprised me that Emily loved climbing the rock wall, she looks so cute in that picture!
Post a Comment