
Our three oldest kids are part of the elementary school choir. Usually the school only lets kids that are in fourth grade or older participate, but this year they made an exception for younger siblings. There are practices before school two days a week. Some mornings it is tricky to get everyone up and moving an hour early, but so far the kids have made it to every practice. The coolest part of their choir experience is that they got to be in the musical at the high school. It made for a super busy few weeks with extra morning practices, a few evening practices, a Saturday dress rehearsal , and five performances. It was a big time commitment, but so worth it. We bought tickets for Thursday night’s show. It was great to see them up there on the stage singing their hearts out. It was a rather impressive production for a high school play. There was even a live camel. Lots of kids and youth from our ward were in the play, so that made it even more fun to watch. The whole thing was such an awesome opportunity for our kids and they really loved it.
Here they are right before the show:

Grandpa and Grandma Nelson watched them on opening night. They couldn’t find Ben since they didn’t recognize him with his black hair. The kids thought that was hilarious.
Grandma Reatha, Aunt Jody, Taylor, Jacob, Rachel and Bryton came along with us on Thursday. It was fun to see the kids’ eyes light up when they saw their cousins in the audience. I’m sad this picture turned out blurry. I thought it was so cute that Holly’s kids snuggled up in a blanket during the play.
Elise got hit with a chair when the kids were cleaning up after the show. That’s why she was crying when we took this picture.
Our house has been immersed in Joseph for the last month. We watched the movie with the kids and have listened to the soundtrack over and over again. Abby learned all of the songs and insists that we listen to Joseph every time we get in the car. It is hilarious to listen to her belt out every song as we are driving around. She learned the choreography for Pharaoh’s Story and does the actions AND sings when it comes on. The best part is her “glimmer of light.” Wow!
4 comments:
"Is that Abby? I think that's Abby." said Scott after he came over to see what I was watching. We both got a kick out of it, especially the "glimmer of light and her crazy ending. So fun! But I'm glad it's over.
I'm so bummed I didn't know about it! Poor Elise, why did you hit her with a chair? :) I love Abby's cuteness!
What a great experience for your kids (and a big commitment for you)! Love that musical...
I love Joseph. It sounds like such a great thing for your kids to be in. A sacrifice but worth it.
Post a Comment