After our plans fell through on Friday, we set a date later in the month for everyone to get together and go boating. Then we decided that maybe we should have two K-1 boating parties this summer. Hilary was out of town with her family, but Keri and Cyd headed up with their kids on Tuesday. The weather cooperated and the kids all got along wonderfully. I’m always a little surprised at how well they hit it off since they only see each other every year or two. Nate was a trooper and spent the day in the boat making sure all of the kids got lots of turns so the moms could just hang out on the beach and catch up. He got some extra excitement when he had to jump in and rescue Abby. The kneeboard flipped over while she was riding and her legs were stuck in the strap. Luckily she was able to get her head out of the water before he got to her and helped her get her legs loose. The kids were all impressed that “he jumped in the water without a life jacket on!” Apparently that is the mark of a true hero. We had such a fun day. We’re looking forward to an encore in a couple of weeks.
3 comments:
I'm glad Nate saved Abby! It looks like a ton of fun!
Wish I could have been there!
I'm glad Abby was ok after all was said and done and she's willing to go out into the water again. Holy cow....you guys have a lot of kids together! Round 2 of boating with the K-1 crew I'm sure will be a blast.
Post a Comment