About a year ago, one of the ladies that I visit teach shared this cool idea with me. Every night at dinner they have their girls tell a peach and a pit from their day . . . something wonderful and something lousy. We tried it out at our house and it has become one of our favorite things. We’ve heard all kinds of stories, both good and bad, about what happens during the kids’ day. It’s been a great way to keep me and Nate “in the know”, especially during the school year. And if ever we forget to ask, Elise is sure to get the ball rolling. Lately we’ve had lots of days where the kids each have two or three peaches and they can’t think of a pit. Those are good days. I did laugh last night when two out of four of our kids said that going to the dentist was their peach. Those dentists really know what they are doing giving out cool toothbrushes and tokens to pick a prize on the way out.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Peach and Pit
About a year ago, one of the ladies that I visit teach shared this cool idea with me. Every night at dinner they have their girls tell a peach and a pit from their day . . . something wonderful and something lousy. We tried it out at our house and it has become one of our favorite things. We’ve heard all kinds of stories, both good and bad, about what happens during the kids’ day. It’s been a great way to keep me and Nate “in the know”, especially during the school year. And if ever we forget to ask, Elise is sure to get the ball rolling. Lately we’ve had lots of days where the kids each have two or three peaches and they can’t think of a pit. Those are good days. I did laugh last night when two out of four of our kids said that going to the dentist was their peach. Those dentists really know what they are doing giving out cool toothbrushes and tokens to pick a prize on the way out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I always loved going to the dentist when I was little because we got to go to Burger Bar after.
Post a Comment