Friday, February 13, 2009
Blue and Gold Banquet
Tuesday night was Ben’s Blue and Gold Banquet. It was a nice night. They got roast beef from Arby’s for the dinner. Yummy. I think this is the first time we have gone to a church sponsored dinner where all of my kids loved the food and ate until they were full. Our former bishop (Bishop Foulger) shared a couple of military stories. It was a quality talk and made me even more appreciative of this great country of ours. Ben participated in his first color guard and did a great job. He got his basketball belt loop during the award ceremony. One of the boys got his Wolf (months before his 9th birthday) and another got his Arrow of Light. Both of those things made Ben very excited/motivated to get to work earning awards. I think that this summer will be full of lots of scouting projects. It should be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Ben! I wish our ward would have Arby's for church dinners.
That's very exciting for Ben. Good luck with the scouting projects. I don't know about you, but I'm glad we only have one boy....
Oh, and tell the Foulgers "hello" from the Clarkes!
We will miss out on Blue & Gold Banquets and lots of scouting projects. I am totally okay with it. I am glad you/your family is excited about it.
Post a Comment