Monday, February 23, 2009

Embracing My Inner Nerd

Sometimes Nate and I like to pretend we are 82 years old. We play a mean game of Scrabble. Last night, Nate came up with a new version of tournament play. We played two games simultaneously – one on his phone and one on our quality 1976 Scrabble board. To make it more competitive and fast-moving (in theory), we added bonus points for whoever finished their word first. It was fun and we were still mostly friends when it was over. Obviously I won, or I wouldn’t be blogging it. Nate is still searching for some reputable reference book that says “cullings” is a word. Good luck with that.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you were mostly friends by the end.:) Have you played Bananagrams? It's like speed Scrabble, I love it! I hate Scrabble, but it's one of Aaron's favorite games so it's great playing Bananagrams. We'll have to play sometime!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

You two are too cool! Matt and I use to play Chess every sunday evening when we lived in Saipan. We kept a record of who one each time and it was usually me. If it were scrabble though I doubt I would ever win. I have NO vocabulary!

Hilary said...

Adam and I haven't been able to play Scrabble since summer 2007 when I got mad after he took the only space left and I had the most awesome word EVER ready to go in that very spot. I was tired and it was late and I think I banned Scrabble from our house forever. Yeah, I should probably revisit that rule. . . Did I mention that I was tired and it was late?

Malinda said...

Hey Ker-dog, did you see NOVA on the board? I still always think of you when I see that word.

Kaylynn said...

You are funny. Only Nate & Malin would set up the camera timer to take a picture of yourselves after a quality game of scrabble. I can't imagine you, Malin, getting competitive in a game:)

Katie Jason said...

You guys are so awesome and I can tell that you haven't changed a bit since our days at USU. I could actually hear you saying . . "good luck with that" as I read your blog!