
We took the kids down to the Draper Temple open house on Wednesday. We used Family Home Evening on Monday to teach them about temples and I think that made a big difference in how much they got out of it. They needed one or two reverence reminders while we were there, but they were fabulous overall. They were impressed with how beautiful everything was . . . especially the chandeliers. The quote of the day was when Ben was telling me about the three degrees of glory, “the Celestial, Terrestrial, and Cholesterol.” Almost. Abby was determined to climb every stair in the temple without my assistance. It slowed us down a bit, but I figured it was better than having her screaming at full volume if I tried to carry her. I don’t know where she gets her stubbornness from. She did look cute holding on with Nate on our standing room only bus ride.
3 comments:
The three degrees of glory, that's hilarious! I hope we can make it down there for the open house.
I love Abby's expression in that picture!
Such a beautiful temple!
how fun that Ben has started cub scouts. Matt is the cubmaster now in our ward so maybe we'll be better about helping our boys get stuff done. A year flies by and it's easy to NOT have finished the requirements.
My kids looked for your kids all over the temple. I'm impressed you had a picture taken outside. It was so windy and cold we passed on the outdoor picture and decided an indoor picture by Christ would work just the same.
Post a Comment