Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Retro Post - Seven Easters

Here are a few pictures from our post-baby, pre-blog Easters. It is fun to see how much the kids have changed over the years. I can hardly remember those chubby little babies.

2001 – Ben was three months old. This was before holidays became high effort. No baskets or Easter egg hunts. I just had to buy a cute outfit and I was done.



2002 – This was Ben’s last Easter as an only child and our last Easter in our first house.



2003 – I was so excited to get to buy Emily an Easter dress. She looked like a little princess, but we learned that shiny dresses don’t photograph really well. At least she sat still. Ben on the other hand was in his “I’m not going to stand still just for a picture” phase, so we had to catch him when he was already standing still. He looks so handsome and grown-up.




2004 – Apparently we thought it was too much effort to try to get the kids to sit for a picture, so this is the best we got. I’m amazed at how much hair Emily had at 18 months old! My other girls certainly missed that gene.




2005 – I loved that I got to buy matching dresses for the girls. They looked so pretty. Ben didn’t want to pose for pictures with his sisters, but he was fine with striking a pose of his own.




2006 – Ben was too busy running around to get a good picture. The girls were much more cooperative. I loved the little crocheted cardigans that I found for them.




2007 – Abby was nine days old on Easter Sunday. I’m pretty proud of myself for getting everyone dressed and ready (except for myself . . . the other pictures from this day show that I opted for the “scrubs and a ponytail” look). These were my favorite Easter dresses of all time. I bought a matching one for Abby, but it didn’t fit her for another 6 months.




2008 (In case anyone is still reading this and wants to see even more pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes)

4 comments:

EmWJ said...

Oh delightful! I read through it all. What a cute idea! I read the title and thought that you had first had had seven Easter celebrations this year and I was really feeling for you. This was much nicer, separated by a year each. :)

Heidi said...

I loved seeing all of those pictures! I can't believe how much they have changed. I shouldn't have clicked on 2008 though, it made me cry.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

That's amazing that you have photos of every Easter. Fun to see the changes through the years. It's amazing the drastic changes when their young. 2006 to 2007 Elise hurried and grew up!

Heather said...

I love the new picture of the 'four little monkeys'. Such a darling family!