Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nate's the Winner!

I kind of knew that he would be, but it was worth a shot. The funny thing is that I don’t always even love nutty brownies. I just got sick of Nate saying that “no one likes nuts in their brownies.” Now he will have to concede that 1 in 3 blog poll takers prefer nuts. That’s a small victory for me. In case anyone is worried about our marital harmony, we have worked out a good compromise. We keep the freezer stocked with butter pecan ice-cream. A scoop of that with a nice, dark chocolate, chewy brownie works for me and Nate isn’t subjected to disgusting nuts in his brownies. Everyone is happy.

Nate is a brownie purist. The cake-like brownie phenomenon is disturbing to him. He says (direct quote from his email today), "If you want a brownie, it should be a brownie. Dense, fudgy, chocolaty gooeyness. Cake-like brownies aren't really even brownies, they're chocolate cake. Can't we all just be honest in our naming conventions? Standards are slipping everywhere, but I'm manning the brownie parapet! While I may not agree with what you cake-lovers call a brownie, I'll defend to the death your right to eat it! Just don't go around tempting me with your advertisement of delicious 'brownies', and then feed me cake! A more airtight case of false advertising I can't imagine." I’m glad he gets fired up about the big issues in life.

8 comments:

Nate said...

Since Malinda wouldn't accurately present my viewpoint in her post, I guess I'll have to do it here in the comments. Although I may have said "no one", if I did I was certainly being hyperbolic. I know very well that there are a few nutty nut-lovers out there. Thanks to all you nutless brownie lovers out there for helping me win a delicious milkshake. I suppose I will share some with Malinda since she was so gracious in defeat.

EmWJ said...

Ok, so you know how I mentioned Big Bang Theory, I decided that your little brownie competition reminded me of this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YszYmO_2KHw&feature=PlayList&p=A67D7D03A0B72A2D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=102

Loving Monk as I do, I don't want to get you away from that, but afterwards, BBT is calling your name...

Amy said...

You two are hilarious!

Heidi said...

You guys crack me up! Aaron is totally with Nate on this, but I'm with Malinda. Nothing better than chocolate and nuts!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

You two Rock (Conglomerate)...that could include nuts right?

Hilary said...

We recently found out that Nate works with a guy in our ward, Karl Niemen. Karl and Adam starting talking at the fathers and sons campout and Karl asked Adam if we knew you guys. Adam isn't the expert that I am but he did have the presence of mind to ask Karl if he was involved in the "cookie dough for a dollar" experiment. We still laugh about that.

Malinda said...

Karl’s kid was selling cookie dough for a band fundraiser . . . that was origin of the “cookie dough for a dollar” experiment. Nate discovered the Niemen/Campbell connection after your VT gave birth in the car. Karl told the story at work and Nate recognized it. I kept meaning to ask if you knew their family. Now I know.

amity said...

sorry about losing the milkshake. i really hate nuts in my brownies so i can relate to malinda. nutless brownies with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge is the best treat ever!!!! stupid super in 6 program.