Saturday, May 30, 2009

UP in 3D


As our first official family activity of the summer, we took the kids to see UP. It is exceedingly rare for us to go the theater and was a bit painful to shell out $8.50 a ticket (for the matinee!), but we had a good time. I absolutely LOVED the first 30 minutes or so of the movie, thought the middle was okay, and loved the last five minutes. I laughed out loud at parts and was completely surprised that a Pixar flick could move me to tears (no less than 3 times). The little Boy Scout reminded me so much of Ben. When he started talking about cumulonimbus clouds, I almost wet my pants . . . it was just such a Ben thing to say. The 3D animation was awesome! The kids were less impressed than I thought they would be, but I thought it was amazing. Nate gave it an 8. For me it would have been a 10 if wasn’t for those talking dogs.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am looking forward to seeing this with our family as well - even if it's at the old Kaysville theater or on DVD in a few months - it looks like a good one!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Matt and the kids saw it on Saturday and LOVED it. I was working and so when I woke up Sunday morning I woke up to everyone's re-play of the entire movie. Sounds like a great one! (especially if Nate gave it an 8...pretty good with his tough standards)

Heidi said...

I didn't have any desire to see this until hearing your review and now I kind of want to. You guys are such fun parents! I need to be better like you guys.