Thursday, March 4, 2010

Home from Hawaii

I’m home after a fabulous week with my friends. It was a big party and completely therapeutic for all of us. As much as we love our kiddos, it was great to step out of our mom roles for a week and just be ourselves. We laughed hard and played hard and had an AMAZING time. Keri set the hosting bar exceedingly high. She was our travel agent, chef, taxi driver, tour guide, and life of the party. Her family was great to let us invade their house and disrupt their lives for a week.


We had an all night flight from Honolulu. Nate brought Elise and Abby to the airport to pick us up. I was so excited to see them. It seemed like Abby was six months older than when I left. They gave me a bouquet of flowers at the airport and made a big welcome home sign that was hanging on the garage door when I got home. Nate picked up some cute leis the other day and when the kids got home from school they all put one around my neck and said “aloha.” They all learned how to say “mahalo” when I gave them their little presents. It was fun. They were on their best behavior for almost a whole hour after I got home. Then it was time for homework and piano practice and a lot of whining. It’s good to be home. :)




We were too busy having fun to blog, but I did write down a few notes and we took a ton of pictures. Hopefully, I’ll have some spare time over the next few days to write some posts. Right now I am feeling exhausted and extremely blessed to have such quality friends to play with and such an amazing husband to make it all happen. I’m a lucky girl!

5 comments:

Katie Jason said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Can't wait to read the blog when you get time. Now get some sleep!

Kaylynn said...

What a cute sign on the garage and lei's from the kids. That's awesome!

Claudy said...

Nice tan(I don't see the orange I expected:). Glad to hear you had a blast! :)

Malinda said...

Kaylynn, did you notice that he had the girls dress in Hawaiian shirts too? (Abby was too stubborn to go along with the plan.) He insists that he left early to go to go to the airport so he could stop and get flowers (before he got your text). "Tell Kaylynn to stop doubting." :)

Heidi said...

I love their welcome home! I'm glad you had so much fun and I'm also glad you're home safe! You do have a good hubby!