Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hawaiian Holiday

In a little less than 24 hours, I’m getting on a plane with four amazing friends and flying to Hawaii. (WAHOO!) I’ve been meaning to write a quality post to share my excitement, but I’ve been too busy taking care of 297 other things that need to be done before I go. So, in lieu of a post from me, I’m just going to link to my friend Hilary’s blog. She did such a great job, there’s really no point in me putting forth the effort to write my own. The only rule is that if you go to Hil’s blog, no mocking the hair, the clothes, or the socks with sandals. :)

I’m super excited about this trip, but I’m a little freaked out about leaving the kids for a week. While I have complete confidence in Nate’s ability to be Mr. Mom, it still feels weird to just dump all of my responsibilities into his lap. Luckily, he already does a lot of the work around here, so I’m sure he can handle it. After a couple of training sessions on how to do the girls’ hair, I think he is fully equipped to take care of things on the home front while I am off playing with my friends.


6 comments:

Amy said...

How exciting! What island(s) are you going to? Nate doing hair - I'm impressed! BTW, we have the same towels hanging in our bathroom! :) Have tons of fun!

Heidi said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say about the awesome pictures on her blog. :) I'm so jealous, but I hope you have a ton of fun! I'll miss you!!

Malinda said...

Amy, we're spending two days on Oahu and then heading over to the big island (where my friend Keri lives). Where did you and Dale go?

Claudy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudy said...

Stop worrying about 297 things. Nate will take care of it, it will keep him busy while you are gone. Just have fun with the kids for the rest of the day!
Have a fabulous trip!!!!
No promises on the comments after I visit Heidi's blog:)

Amy said...

We went to Oahu and Kauai. We LOVED Kauai! Next time we go, we'll to go to Maui and the big island. Hope you're having fun!