This Mother’s Day was the best one to date. I think the secret was that I lowered my expectations for the kids going in. They weren’t perfect, but they did try hard and managed to be pretty darn nice most of the day. They were so excited to give me the fun presents that they had made at school. Nate gave me some great gifts too, but the big surprise of the day was an awesome DVD slideshow that he made for me. It must have taken him lots of hours to put all of the photos together. I’m not sure how he spent all of that time working on it without me knowing. I guess I don’t keep him on quite as short of a leash as I thought. :)
Here are the highlights of the day:
Breakfast in bed, chocolate covered strawberries, watching the slideshow on the big screen with Nate and the kids, Ben’s last minute Primary talk, Nate and the kids singing in sacrament meeting (along with the rest of the Primary and seven other dads), playing Super Mario Bros with the kids while Nate made dinner (until they started fighting), taking a Sunday afternoon walk, and watching the season finale of The Amazing Race (even though the cowboys didn’t win).
It really was a good day! I feel blessed to have four fabulous kids and the most amazing husband in the world. Now I need to work on lowering the bar before Father’s Day.
5 comments:
So what was the DVD slideshow of? I got some chocolate covered strawberries also....yum.
You're very blessed! Ben has an absolutely amazing memory. Emily is so sweet, I had a sweet preview of her singing and dancing abilities at school today(very good student).Elise is a just a riot. Abby keeps me entertained during sacrament meeting with her cute little comments. Nate is very talented and I'm still positive he could build a fancy new washer and dryer:)
You're a great mom!!!!
Heather, it was a slideshow of pictures with me with the kids (with quality mom-related songs in the background). I wish I would have put makeup on every day of motherhood so I wouldn't have looked so pastey in some of them, but it brought back lots of good memories.
Claudy, you're sweet. I love how well you know my kids.
Yeah, I'm so glad you had a good day! You deserve it! You are a great example to me of the mom I want to be!
Post a Comment