Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weekend Visitors

Heidi and Aaron went to New York last week, so we watched their boys over the weekend (Friday morning to Sunday night . . . Heidi’s mom had them the other days). It was fun to get to know their personalities better. None of our kids went through a “why?” stage, so it was a whole new experience to hear “why?” in stereo from Zack and Austin every 3 ½ minutes. In Ben’s words “Zack and Austin are really curious. Abby isn’t curious; she’s just bossy.” =) Gavin was a dove. He was honestly never grumpy and he took quality four hour naps every day. (We’ve never had a kid that did that either.)

My kids were super helpers and kept the boys well entertained. The only times that I really felt the load of having seven kids in the house were things like mealtimes or getting everyone ready for the day or getting everyone into/out of the car. Still, it was amazing how quiet the house seemed when we were back to just four kids again.














5 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

you look natural with 7. I think you need 3 more!

Cami said...

Oh, I am so glad you posted the photo of Zack and Austin in the dress-up shoes. Because now at least I know my son isn't the only one who wears them - I won't worry so much. :)

Claudy said...

Lol! I can totally hear the tone Ben used when he called Abby bossy.
I love the row of chairs at the soccer game. You can totally be a mom of 7!!!
It's almost cold outside. Midday movies again this year?

Heidi said...

I love this post, maybe because it's about my kids. :) I love the picture of Zack and Austin in heels. I wish Gavin was never grumpy at my house, but I'm glad he was on his best behavior. I totally think you need 3 more kids!
BTW, thanks for being such great family members and helping us out!

Heather said...

You are brave and nice. I feel your pain every time I load mine all up and go any where. :)