Saturday, December 18, 2010

Reading Buddies

We are blessed to have a house full of readers. All of the kids love to read, and literally cry if we have a late bedtime because they won’t have time to read. One of the best things about Ben and Emily being independent readers is that they can read to their sisters.


Sometimes I think my brain might explode if I have to read one more princess story, but Abby still loves hearing them. I’m more than happy to let Emily get her reading minutes while keeping Abby entertained.


Ben and Elise usually fill the roles of pest and tattletale in this house, so this is a particularly sweet picture. Ben was helping Elise with her reading homework. He was so good about stopping at all of her sight words so she could read them and even helped her learn a couple of new words. It was fun to see them working together so well and to listen to him praise her as she read.

2 comments:

Celeste Ferguson said...

I totally let Preston read to Ty too! I am a horrible about reading homework. :/
You're kids are so cute!!

Heidi said...

Those pictures are very sweet! The way Emily is laying totally reminds me of you!